Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr executive - replacing stero?

danflood

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hi

i got a vr exuctive from 1993....

anyone know how much a car mechanic may charge to install a car stero cd player
that i own?
or do u think i could replace the stero myself? id like to try n do it myself its its not too tricky or dangerous....

ive been doing searches thru veriuos posts on this web site but have not found any instructions about vr ex radio replacement tips?

anyone got any ideas on how i can remove n replace me stero?

thanks dan nnn nnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :w00t:

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
im with you mate. i wona install a stereo in my vr bt i need sum help. sorry i cant be of any help

I

Insanesinner

well it looks like there are 3 of us that wana know now. Is there any body out there that can help. i just need to work out how to remove the console
bit it sits in

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Most car audio places should be able to help... probably better than a mechanic... no idea for costs though :S

I

Insanesinner

yeah i can do the wireing my self i just cant work out how to get it out lol must be stupid :confused:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
take the ash tray out, lift the console around the gears etc, then there is about 3 screws under the stero and fan controls etc unscrew them.

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
its actualy quite easy when u think about it, most of the vr dash just snaps together, but u should get one of those commodore manuels, u can get into truoble with wiring. but prob expect 50-80 to get someone to install

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
have a go at doing it urself........

couldnt tell u number of times ive had to replace/ repair modify the player becomes second nature after doing it once....

one thing that I would suggest if your a newbie going to install a cd player..... get urself a plug converter which u can pik up from jb or strathfield etc...... it will just plug into the back of your new deck and straight into the exsisting loom thats there......... couldnt be simplier....

although i have not used one of these loom converters.....

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
once you start its pretty easy, just like a jigsaw ;) and once you do it you can do it again

slarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy sv8
i couldnt find a hole throught the fire wall to put the wires throught to goto my battery, messed around wif it for hours