Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear seat removal ?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
How do you remove the rear seat in a Calais ?

Most cars I've owned it's usually push back and lift up...

I'm having major hassle with the Calais; it has a sheep shin fitted which I want to remove to inspect the condition of the seat underneath...

Some photos of the seat base hooking points would be helpful if anyone has any...

regards,

vsuterus

Reaction score
It takes a lot of force, try what you're doing but much harder. You might have to move the front seats forward to get one leg right in on each side. Push about a foot in from the door and right and the base above the carpet.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Piss easy fella. Grab the back of the seat with two hands near the seatbelt buckles and lift. Then push the front of the seat forward with your knees and lift again. :thumbsup:

Here a pic of the mounting bracket.

Attachments

• Seat.JPG
    Seat.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 3,934

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Thanks for the advice and pic guys !!!

That pic helps alot...Cheers

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Not much of a goldmine under the rear seat....I guess all Calais drivers use credit...I did score a paperclip though which might come in handy for diagnostics....LOL

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
god damn, do you have to pull out the bottom seat first? or can you just take the back out? is the procedure the same as a VL?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
no..you gotta take the bottom out cos there's a bolt to undo behind it to get the back off.
ill admit i dont have alot of experience with vl's but it shouldnt be too different...i mean you hear of vl's with vn calais interiors,so....
once that bolt at the bottom of the back seats is undone you just push the back seat piece up an it'll come off the clips

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
hrmm, the bottom I suppose you have to push down on the bottom seat with a lot of force.