Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing tail lights

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
anyone know how to remove the old tail lights from a vr/vs and replace with new? (i got a vr exec if it helps)

R

rattattack1313

I suppose they are attached the same way VN-VP ones are....peel down the carpet in the boot from behind the tail-light ....should be a couple of nut/bolt affairs holding them in......... :thumbsup:

semmi

Reaction score
yep - rat is right on the money - there are (i think) 3 nuts/screws holding them in, undo the nuts all the way and the whole unit should just slide out. you should be able to unclip the wires holding the bulbs in once you get the unit part way out.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
thanx i did i lookd at today and your rite. they shud come out easy

G

Greedz_VR-S

please dont tell me your going to put those disgusting altezza round things on ur car?
ill tell your mother to slap you..

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Wouldn't it be easier if Holden made it so you can just replace one bulb if need be instead of pulling off the whole light? like the old vb-vl's.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
ermmmm.... you can, but you have to take the light off the boot to do so. if ya need to get to the globes on the boot panel lights, just stick ya head under, they don't need to be removed. if you're changing to the clear tail lights, be careful with the boot lights coz the centre garnish has a wierd clip arrangement and are pretty easy to break the centre garnish clips

G

GMH 72

VLishes said:
Wouldn't it be easier if Holden made it so you can just replace one bulb if need be instead of pulling off the whole light? like the old vb-vl's.

I much prefer the VR VS configuration as a warped rear panel on a VB-VL from an accident & deteriation of the seal around the tail light allows water to enter thus wetting everything & rusting out your boot. Another plus for VR-VS tail lights is that you can't damage the plugs & wiring to the lights as they are hidden.