Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

transmision

myvrwagonneedshelp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
hi there i have an automatic vr series 2 wagon and the other day it slipped really bad in between 3rd and 4th it reved like in neutral then kicked in... then wen it went back to third there was nothing after the car rolled still i have no reverse either the only gear working is park... Any ideas on what it is and cost involved i have been able to source a few turbo 700 transmissions if it comes to that but what things do i need to know before going ahead with this? like there were a few different models of that transmision and as far as i know i have to have the right one

My other option is i can also find a 5 spd i know ill have to get a new accelerator brake clutch kit and centre console which i can get but does it basically bolt straight on to the engine in place of transmision or is there more involved, if pos id prefer this second time in 2 yrs i have had transmision trouble. :b: