Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to replace bodykits

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
how do you replace bodykits

i recently just hapend 2 b there stearing at my ride one day wen i thort a bodykit wud look nice on it. so i chekd out the back bumper and discoverd that only screws are holding it on. is this ther same for the front and sides aswell. if so, do u rekon i could change tha kit over myself and just get a pro to spraypaint it. thanks

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah mate...piece of piss to put a kit on.
you and a mate could do it in 2-3hrs...it helps to have someone to hold the bars while you screw them in place.
the front is slightly more complicated to get off than the back...it just has more more screws to get off inside the wheel arch.
but yeah,coupla screws,power drill (just makes life easy),some sikaflex and a coupla hours work and you can totally transform the humble commodore.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
thanks heaps, sircruisealotvs. it make it heaps cheaper, because where i live the nearest place that does bodykits is 700kms away in perth. what about painting it? do u have any ideas on the prices of painting? thanks again

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
man ya pay for quality but if you want to save find out who does backyard work, go around and have a chat while they are working and talk "cash" you know, no GST, and no Centrelink and you can save a lot of money.

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
94vrexec said:
thanks heaps, sircruisealotvs. it make it heaps cheaper, because where i live the nearest place that does bodykits is 700kms away in perth. what about painting it? do u have any ideas on the prices of painting? thanks again

hey where do you live? im in albany wa which is about 700kms south east from perth

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
oh im in kalgoorlie. its in the desert. east of perth down the grt eastern hwy

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Puttin your own kit on is easy enuff but i have seen it go bad, if u buy a VR/VS kit FOR a VR/VS then its fine but if u get a kit from another model, eg a VT Clubby kit then i'd get it done professionally, if a kit isnt put on properly or under stress it will warp and if/when u take it off its basically no good :)

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
How much would it cost skirting around the car? anyone know of a place where they have pics of different types of skirting? question is if i was to put it on a VS Calais, would it look better if the skirting is the same colour as the lower part of the bumpers or spray the skirt and rest of the bumpers the same colour as the whole car.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i put a vt clubby kit on my vr i got it from team jetspeed. it doesnt come with mounting brackets or even holes 4 the screws. ya gotta measure it up make sure it fits properly. and its not a bad idea 2 fit any driving lights or mesh 2 the bar before you put the bar on. i paid 1400 for the kit and plus whatever it cost 2 have it sprayed