Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Altezza Tail Lights on Botanica VA?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Altezza Tail Lights on Botanica VS?

Just looking around.. looking for things to nicen up the look of my VS..

I want to keep it clean looking, not necessarily wanting it to look like the hottest car in the street, just clean and smart looking.

So I've got the clear side indicators, rear spolier is STAYING.. just thinking of altezza tailies? Saw a set on a maroon vs this afternoon and looked pretty good, but I can't find much about them on the botanica, and just curious if anyone has done this, and whether it really looks any good?

Standard esteem mags are staying, but will look at lowering 20-30mm at some stage.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
id personally go the vs berlina/calais style tail lights, the indicators a clear. subtle mod, loks good, and the altezzas are getting way too common.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Have had a look... not toooo big on them. Trying to move away from the opaque plastics, hence the attraction to the altezza's. I'm open to suggestions, however something clear would be preferred.

myvrwagonneedshelp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
dude you have to be the one who likes the look of em personally i like em and there are millions on ebay select car parts from the option and youjl notice there is heaps under the vs section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope helps peace

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah I think I like them, but there's not many pics around of them fitted on a botanica commie.. I'm not 100% sure how it will look as I still haven't been able to find a good pic.

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
i've got altezza'a on mine and they change the look of the car, i personally like them makes the car look newer, lol even if ya haven't washed it in a while, just remember get the light chrome for light cars and black chrome for darker cars.
also, your plastic strip between the tail lights, if you buy altezza's, buy some touch up paint and paint it the same colour as the car, trust me looks great.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah but does the botanica count as light or dark? :p

I've found a couple of pics of the silver ones on botanica, one looks really good (on a highly modded car) and one looks average, but that could just have been the light.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ok found a good pic (finally) of the black chrome.. Cheers to whoever's car it is :D

oldbackcopy.jpg

Any opinions? Mine is pretty stock, but not too dissimilar, same colour but with spoiler, 15" esteem rims and a slimline white number plate (ick @ yellow)...

I don't mind the look at all... I guess I know it's my call but if other people like it that helps too ;)

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Hrmm, if they're going to make aftermarket lights, why can't they do it properly, like for e.g. make the rears look similar to VZ Calais taillights with clear red plastic and jeweled reflectors around the bulb, or just have 3 round lights instead of tht half arsed shiyt they have now. Just my 2 cents, maybe we should have a vote and sign a petition and send in the winning vote.