Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More VR Questions

J

jim468

hey thanks for the info for the car, it's great, my next two questions are as follows, I have a groaning noise coming back through the steering column when the wheel is turned (both with the engine running and not running). Next question, the left rear boot hinge has been twisted, can I remove the hinge assembly and replace it ?, there are plenty of similar model Commodores that have been written off so parts are not a problem. :drink:

Last edited by a moderator:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
that noise is nothing major (unless different noises when on and off) on the steering column were it goes threw the firewall get a bit of grease in there soem how, should get rid of it,

S

ssz-250

Had the same noise in my VR

Changed the power steering pump and that didnt help.
CHanged the power steering hose and the noise dissapeared. I knew it wasnt a power steering pump problem even though i had a busted pump but i could feel the column groan. Changed the pump hose and problem solved

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The column groans because the gronmmet/sleeve thru which it passes thru the firewall get dry and shiny and groans as the steering shaft rotates/rubs against it. Just spray some oil or WD40 on it from below. I'll bet a lot of steering shops make a lot of money out of that!!!!

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
MIne goes in tomorrow.
Tried Hako idea and took away some noise, turns out the high pressure lines collapse and cause issues including a monaing noise.
I will report on the cost tomorrow.
It pays to have an honet mechanic. Mine checked out what I was shitting over expecting a blown main seal, turns out its the heads need a retension and the valley gasket

J

jefroz

hi there i have a vr ss i was wondering if you no if i can put a vs sentor auto gear box in it??