Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electrical prob. in engine

D

dean18

I have installed new plugs, leads and checked plug that goes in coil pack..left hand side isnt getting enough spark. Can anyone tell me where is problem please...

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
test your coils, If OK, then the DFI unit underneath the coils may be gone......

D

dean18

thanks for advice

futronix said:
test your coils, If OK, then the DFI unit underneath the coils may be gone......
thanks for reply here

what resistance should be on coils and if its dfi how much are they ?

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
to test the coil block (V6) :

1) remove each coil one at a time....
2) turn upside down and check resistance between (primary) two terminals
3) should read between 0.3 - 1.5ohms (When Coil is cold!!)
4) measure the resistance between the two terminals on top of the coil (secondary)
5) should read betwwen 5000-10000ohms (when coil is cold!!)

not exactly sure on prices for a new DFI I thought it was around $200.00 from Holden and if im right comes with new coil packs...

or if u want to make sure it is the DFI... do what i did and swap one around from another VS to test..... you could even swap the whole DFI and coil pack still attached to make it easier.

D

dean18

once more thanks for your help here

imstructions are easy to follow now and will keep you update how did i went...cheers Dean

D

dean18

looks its DFI

I have checked coils primarys were .6ohms and secondary 6kohms on all 3 coils so its only DFI unit packed up...i am thinking getting one from wreckers and whats your opinion? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP HERE