Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel empty without being driven!!!

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
my vr had half a tank of fuel 2 days ago. on my way to work i relized my fuel was empty!!! it is a round trip of about 22 kms. it is the only time i have driven it since it had half a tank. the car got me to work and back on an empty tank. i think the needle might be broken or something. does anyone know what might be the problem and how i can fix it?
thanks for all advice in advance

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
can you smell fuel?? It could possibly be leaking, but you would probably notice. try banging the steering wheel a bit, the needle can get stuck/loose connection somewhere

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
94vrexec said:
my vr had half a tank of fuel 2 days ago. on my way to work i relized my fuel was empty!!! it is a round trip of about 22 kms. it is the only time i have driven it since it had half a tank. the car got me to work and back on an empty tank. i think the needle might be broken or something. does anyone know what might be the problem and how i can fix it?
thanks for all advice in advance

same as semi said,but i find tapping the guage itself unsticks the needle if it is stuck,or above the gauge on top of dash.
otherwise if there isn't any fuel in it, someone may off shook your fuel,if tapping doesn't fix it,it may be your sender unit(in tank),it could be sticking,etc,etc

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Its a common problem with VP - VS al least.
One smart hit right above the guage should make it jump.
Its not the sender, its the shitty guages. You can expect the temp guage to do the same eventually

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
you've been milked

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Yeah, it's possible that someone has actually stolen it. :(

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
i know it hasnt been stolen because its always parked in my yard. and at work its always indoors.

D

Damage inc.

this may sound stupid, but if u have forgot to replac ur fuel cap, the fuel will evpaorate real quick when driving

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Have you parked in Woodridge lately? What about Inala? he he jokes

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
when my tank breather hoses were stuffed, fuel evaporated real quick. could also be a dodgy guage, cracked fuel lines, fuel pressure reg, shagged o2 sensor (would cause poor economy, but not that bad), or you could have fallen victim to the night fuel thieves, or failing that, you need to take that right foot to jenny craig