Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just a few questions

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
1#ABS aint working,fuses are fine
2#Air bag light on,does this need to be fixed by holden
3#How much would it cost for a Berlina/Calais/Statesman back seat cost me
4#Can i just get a cheap VS(maybe a ride off) with p/w and put it straight into my car or is there more to it
5#Wat mods would i have to do to make a non IRS sports exhaust fit my VS with IRS
Any help would have me very gr8ful,cheers guys(and girls)

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I can give you some pointers on the first 2 questions...

ABS:

the ABS system has a brake modulator in the engine bay... it's the big alloy cube looking thing with brake lines coming off the master reservoir...sits next to your fuses and relays.

Theres an electrical plug that connects to it....turn ignition off if on and give it a wiggle...turn ignition on and see if your light goes out...this happenned to me after an over enthusiastic hotwash...

If no improvement...then disconnect the negative battery terminal and unplug the plug on the modulator....use some electrical contact cleaner on the pins and allow to dry...
replug...connect battery and see if that fixes it...

if no improvement...then you may need to find a friendly wrecker who will let you swap the black electrical part of the modulator...i read somewhere in the forum that it's common for this to **** itself...

Air bag:

You need to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery again... open the fuse cover under the streering wheel and look for a yellow plug at the bottom of the steering column...ensure this is connected...

if it's anything more than that...hopefully someone else can help you.

Last edited:

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Hey guys thanx for the tips,Semmi,i looked at both links and the 1st was really helpful
Sixshooter,I should be able to get that part from another VS im going to look at out bush 2mora,that and a LSD and p/w gear,airbag plug in and not working,thanxs for the help on ABS tho