Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

foglight wiring harness?

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Apparently VR's have most of the wiring harness for foglights there, just no foglights.

I found this little connector on one side of the car next to the headlights and there's another one on the other side of the car. I'm guessing these are for foglights... but there's that many funny connectors left hanging loose in this car that I dunno.

Anyone with a VS or whatever know if the wiring goes through these usually?

It's a bit of a mongrel to see, but theres a two pin connector there next to the front right headlight, battery is the thing underneath

Attachments

• 60E20002.jpg
    60E20002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 534

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
you will be able to find out if its for fog light by looking in a VR or VS ( if they have the connector) in the gregories manual. also see if you can find out if there is a wire that leads into the cabin... if there is it could be a fog light thing!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Now all you need to do is find the pin outs for the switch on the dash...wire up a switch...and put a globe across those pins in the engine bay...

I reckon you're right they could be for the foglight option... I have a S2 VS Calais and foglights were standard so my wiring is hardwired for the area you have shown...and my foglight run wires from there.

Hope that helps...

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I was going to put fog lights in my VS Berlina, all the wiring was there, or so I thought. I could never find the plug for the fog light switch up under the dash. The front wiring was there, same as your photo, and the relay socket was connected in the fuse box under the bonnet, but nothing inside the cabin....

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
cheers for your help

yeah I've got lights and a switch, hopefully I'll have time to have a shot at putting it in next weekend, I haven't looked under the dash yet, but if I find the plug, I'll see if I can't post a pic up.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I did it the install to my vr and the wiring plug to the light itself is a two pin black plug with a violet/white wire and a white/blue wire.
Here's the diagram of thewiring at the switch and the wiring under the bonnet

Last edited:

Damien Carr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Apparently VR's have most of the wiring harness for foglights there, just no foglights.

I found this little connector on one side of the car next to the headlights and there's another one on the other side of the car. I'm guessing these are for foglights... but there's that many funny connectors left hanging loose in this car that I dunno.

Anyone with a VS or whatever know if the wiring goes through these usually?

It's a bit of a mongrel to see, but theres a two pin connector there next to the front right headlight, battery is the thing underneath
Hello, I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a vs ute. Someone butchered the factory harness at the relays

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
There will never be a fog light facility in any ute if that's what you're angling at.

As far as the wiring diagrams is concerned there is is no one diagram that just shows the relay box under the bonnet. The way that Holden's did it was to have diagrams relative to each category, eg. lighting area, ecu area, Horn area etc, and the relay box would be featured in each of those categories but for only the designated area............do you understand that ?

Each area has a separate diagram so you have to look at several and that's why Holden produced a full massively big Service Manual volume dedicated to wiring only. In VS it was Volume 5 if I recall correctly which was never put on the Official Holden Service CD and was only ever issued in the printed book version / format.

Also for others that have read this thread................most vehicles will not have the Fog Light wiring within the body loom of standard type models eg. Executives. It will only be included if the vehicle had extra options ordered, such as ABS, Cruise Control or Electric Windows and as such had the higher spec body loom fitted for those features. Within that loom is the Fog Light wiring but the connectors will be taped to the main harness and pretty much unusable as the wiring will not be there in the cabin area for the switch to be fitted. It can be done but it's a bit more involved than simple plug and play as it was in many Japanese built cars that pretty much had one loom and everything could just be added and simply plugged in. Holden always chose the method of making around half a dozen different looms and applying each one to the relevant model, thus saving extra copper wire in their eyes and also their Accountants eyes.