Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo V6 ecotec

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
anyone now anywhere who still makes these kits??
2225050_2_full.jpg

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i dont think that is a properly developed kit mate, if it is, they should have done more homework. just from the pic, i can see a heap of **** wrong. the airfilter for one, i hope its only for demonstration, but it's a stock filter, it's position is susceptible to water intrusion in the rain and it sits on top of a plenum that could get pretty hot. the silicon inlets for the plenum sit right over the exhaust housings of the turbos, even if you use a turbo blanket, it's still gonna get pretty hot there, the plenum chamber has opposing throttle bodies and as proved by one of the companies that contribute to this forum, that setup causes a lot of air shear within the plenum, reducing efficiency. thats just from what i can see. as for turbo kit suppliers try a search through this forum for blue chip tuning.

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I've Already got the specs for a GT30 turbo set up, but im looking at $14,000 just to get the setup configured properly.
but the power outlook is enormous, im talking 440RW HP/330RW KW
but alot more money will have to be spent on the motor to be able to wanna run that sought of power.
but for $20,000-$25,000 you could easily have one of the fastest V6 commodore's seen, easily beating V8's that have been worked like they were nothing.
But obviously you wouldn't run the boost that high on the street.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
motor for $25,000....what about the drivetrain? :flame:

irws85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
$25,000, thats new diff, tail shaft, gear box, rebuilding of motor etc etc, its alot of work, especially to cut cost its easier to do alot of it yourself.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
EcotecManiac said:
i dont think that is a properly developed kit mate, if it is, they should have done more homework. just from the pic, i can see a heap of **** wrong. the airfilter for one, i hope its only for demonstration, but it's a stock filter, it's position is susceptible to water intrusion in the rain and it sits on top of a plenum that could get pretty hot. the silicon inlets for the plenum sit right over the exhaust housings of the turbos, even if you use a turbo blanket, it's still gonna get pretty hot there, the plenum chamber has opposing throttle bodies and as proved by one of the companies that contribute to this forum, that setup causes a lot of air shear within the plenum, reducing efficiency. thats just from what i can see. as for turbo kit suppliers try a search through this forum for blue chip tuning.

did anyone try using a divider inside the plenum with the opposing throttle bodies to reduce air sheer????

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
vpv6wagon said:
did anyone try using a divider inside the plenum with the opposing throttle bodies to reduce air sheer????
from what i can see, the problem you introduce there is that there is less air available at one time for a given cylinder. you are effectively halving the available plenum volume. probably wouldn't be an issue once the engine is on boost, but could cause some dramas on vacuum. maybe :whistling

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
well there it is, a manufactured kit. i stand by what i said in my first post.