Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Air Conditioning Used to Work , but not any more

J

JoshTaylor

2 Years ago i got my air con regassed , because i presumed that was the problem , and it worked fine for about the next 2 years but this summer it just does not get cool anymore. The compressor kicks in and all seems fine but it does not get cold. Does it need to be regassed again even though it has only been 2 years? It is a 93 calais so its no spring chicken.
What could be the cause of it losing its gas so quickly or is there another problem with the system?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
friend had the same prob...it turned out to be a shotty compressor. Take it to the air cond place and they can test it for you.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
chances are you need to get your system serviced. it's good practice even if everything is ok.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
leaking, a AC system should NEVER loose gas, if there charging it up without leak testing its illegal.. and if found out by the greenies, there out of business and up for MEGA MEGA fine and possible jail time. just let them know your awear they should be leak testing not just "topping up"

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
get your auto elec to check the mixer on the climate control, it may be stuffed.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I get mine regassed every year. Over time moisture builds up in the system and makes it less effective. A regas does not fill gas up as such, but sucks your gas out, sucks the moisture out, then pumps your gas back in - moisture free.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Do you run your air cond at least once a week ?

If not your seals will dry out and you get gas leaks = rebuild time

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
kopper69 said:
I get mine regassed every year. Over time moisture builds up in the system and makes it less effective. A regas does not fill gas up as such, but sucks your gas out, sucks the moisture out, then pumps your gas back in - moisture free.
OMFG, moisture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you know what moisture does to the oil in your ac system ? turns it to acid, chews out the motor windings and ruins your whole unit!!!!!!!!!