Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS Acclaim..

J

jonesy4376

Hey guys, finally getting around to working on car, its a Holden Acclaim VS Commodore 95 model. not sure if it is IRS or not lol as bad as that sounds, just wondering if i could just replace the springs with kings or pedders or do i need to put more in for it to ride cleanly(eg. camber kits etc) sorry i dont know much about it hehe? much help appreciated guys. thanks

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
have a look at some other threads on this using the search function....there's plenty of info for lowin about.
but basically...if your goin to chuck some say..superlow kings on,if you've got IRS you'll need a camber kit..and if you dont have IRS you'll need an adjustable panhard rod.
dependin on how the rest of your suspension is you might need to replace a coupla things (most suspension systems arent looked after well, as people dont think about it till something goes wrong) ..so you could be up for some new shocks,probably short travel ones if your planin on goin fairly low, and maybe some bushes depending on how yours are (perished,out of shape..etc).

bloodylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S V6 Auto
im pretty sure that all VR acclaims came with IRS so that would mean VS's do too

C

charged6_vsacclaim

you would no if ur car has irs when you drop it into drive the arse end drops down bout half inch and goes up in reverse and park. or if its in drive put your foot on the brake and accelerate a bit the bum will drop a bit more.

M

matty193

charged6_vsacclaim said:
you would no if ur car has irs when you drop it into drive the arse end drops down bout half inch and goes up in reverse and park. or if its in drive put your foot on the brake and accelerate a bit the bum will drop a bit more.

Yeah, it shits me they way mine looks sitting in park with the rear a bit higher!!!

C

charged6_vsacclaim

matty193 said:
Yeah, it shits me they way mine looks sitting in park with the rear a bit higher!!!

yeah shits me too but then again it looks kick ass when you boot it in drive :whistling