Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger wanted and body kit for vs

J

jamesie05

anyone know where i can get a cheap supercharger for my vs commy v6 ready to blot on and i'm after a vx body kit for it what do you's think

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
crs kits bolt on in about 8hrs or something like that and cost $2000 and runs like 3psi with the clutch pulley or you can lose the clutch and run more psi. http://www.rodshop.com.au/superchargerholdv6.htm
um i recon vx body kits look goot on vx's, but i also think there are better looking kits for the vs. although you can get the vx kits cheap of ebay for $900 but not sure on the quality. but m8 at the end of the day it is your car so do what you want to it if makes you happy, and dont listen to anyone else.

KLR38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
i wouldnt recommend that S/C. even though its cheap u only get wat u pay 4. it says that it shouldnt b used ova 2500rpm. that would b a pretty hard task to do i thinks. and i dont really like the idea of an on/off switch, its not an air-con

KLR38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
on the note of the body kit. ive got a vx clubby kit to put on my VS. bought it on ebay for $900 delivered. its good quality kit, strong n looks the part 2. ill have a look round 4 the dudes card that makes em, his based in queensland.
i think that VS' look sweet with a VX clubby kit. i sold the spoiler that came with the kit cause i think that it makes the ass end look fat without it. unfortunatly i havent had the funds to put the kit on yet, its costing more to fit n paint it then the actual kit cost me.

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
KLR38L said:
i wouldnt recommend that S/C. even though its cheap u only get wat u pay 4. it says that it shouldnt b used ova 2500rpm. that would b a pretty hard task to do i thinks. and i dont really like the idea of an on/off switch, its not an air-con

from crs web site. At what rpm is the blower engaged? We suggest not to engage it above 2500 rpm as clutch damage could occur, but because the rotors are rotating it is not that hard on it.
it can be used over 2500rpm if its allready going but not if u booted it then go ohh i forgot to put the blower on and wack it on.

if you dont like the idea of a clutch pulley then just put a smaller pulley on run more boost and bye bye clutch pulley

B

Blownvsute

Save the $4000+ that you will spend on the blower and bodykit/paint and trade your car in on a factory supercharged VS/VT. You will get a much better package with more potential and as most of these factory supercharged Commodores are either Calais or SS you won't have to worry too much about bodykits as either of these cars are fairly good looking in their own right. :)

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
actuall, calias or s-pac. S/C SS's are rare and only in VT's

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
semi said:
actuall, calias or s-pac. S/C SS's are rare and only in VT's

I wouldn't bother looking for an SS S/C, thats rocking horse ****... there's a few VT Spac S/C around but you wont get much change from $13 G's... and there's more VT Calais around that are S/C for $15 G and up or you could pick up a VS Calais for just over $10 if your lucky enough to find one....but the best ones are closer to $13 G...

But I agree it would make more sense to find one of these cars than to muck around finding a motor from the wreckers or buying a centifugal bolt on kit with their piddley boost and exploding impellors if they get pushed beyond 10 psi.

But if you do the math...

Exec VS $5000 worth tops
S/c motor $4000 from wreckers 30 Day guarentee ??? - motor history ???
Exhaust $1000+ twin cat sytem
Motor Fitting $DIY

but it's still and Exec but cost the price of a Calais...and alot of your time fitting the motor...

or

Centrifugal Kit $who cares ??? - they can't handle much boost & wont perform as good as an Eaton

See my point ??? you'll save yourself alot of hassle finding yourself a factory fitted car...

V

VZonetonnerS

you can also get factory s/c's on vx exec and acclaim,beter to get a factory one if you want drive every day reliability.a mechanic i know has replaced about three engines with the crs s/c not good.if anyone is interested i have a vx acclaim s/c 40000 kms for sale

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Agreed with sixshooter...
But if you have about 4-5 grand you could turbo your car, which can make you more power then the m90 can.

I heard bluechip (a premium sponsor of jc) is making a turbo kit for the ecotecs for about $2500. By the looks of the dev photos l've seen already of the kit, it deffinately looks the part, l can't see it costing under $5000 though...

EDIT: was just thinking about it.. 4-5 grand is actually getting away with it cheaply... A good system costs anywhere near 10 grand! :( So wish l wasn't a student still...

Last edited: