Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto Gearbox VR Berlina

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Hey guys, pretty decent site here.

Just wondering if any other Auto boxes fit into V6 VR Berlina's apart from the stock one (since it skips 2nd and clunks hard)

Also a guess on the price of a 2nd hand/wreckers would be??

Cheers

C

calv75

i had a 4hdd in my vr and went to the wreckers and got one for $600, if you look at the 5hdd check that the pins are the same. I have a box in my shed for $350, all it needs is the cover which sits over the pins to stop the fluid comming out. If you go thru the wreckers check the color of the fluid before you buy.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Excuse my not-knowingness im 17, this is my first car. All I know is that revving to 4,500 between 1st and 3rd isnt good and I need this gearbox replaced.

What colour should healthy fluid be?

C

calv75

sounds like your bands are slipping, your fluid should be a clear red color, if its brownish get a new box, you can get them repaired for about $900 or get a recon for $1700. my box did the same and i got one from the wreckers for $600, i was lucky to get a good one. dont drive your car like that for to long, high revs could cost you more.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Yeah, I'll just get a one from the wreckers like I had planned. But the $$$.. I can get a box out of a wrecked VN for free, but I just wanted to find out if it will fit in a VR.

A mate at work said around $200 for a box from the wreckers, someone else told me $990 now you're saying $600 haha, I don't know what to believe :-(