Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Annoying Noise

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi All

My car seems to have developed an annoying noise, kind of like a rubbing/grinding sort of sound, I think its coming from the back of the car. Doesn't make the noise all the time, just when there is a little bit of steering input to the right, it's most noticeable on the freeway at 100km/h going around a right hand sweeper type of corner.

Any ideas on what this could be?

Car is a VS Berlina sedan, with IRS & FE2 suspension.

Cheers Guys

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
My VP used to do that - except mine was when going around a left hand sweeper.

Never did find the answer for it - the mystery stayed with the car when I sold it.

I know this doesn't help.... just thought I'd mention it :p

B

Blownvsute

Try checking your rear brake pads for excessive or uneven wear..
Check the caliper bolts are tight and look for scouring marks on the disc..
Check the rear wheel bearings,you can do this by jacking the wheel off off the ground and gripping it either side and then top and bottom and twisting the wheel, if a bearing is stuffed you'll generally feel movement through your hands and sometimes hear a small clunking sound..
Jack the car up and visually check all of the suspension components, looking for loose or broken parts and in particular check the IRS cradle as these have a habit of cracking when treated to some abuse, ie burnouts, etc...