Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN series 1 into VR commodore

S

soltan

This is probably an old question but I have done a google search and I just can't find if there is any trouble putting the VN series 1 motor into the VR. I am just trying to replace a broke engine. I hope it goes in alright because I have already bought the motor.
Thanks for any help Brett.

F

Frd_thmsn

soltan said:
This is probably an old question but I have done a google search and I just can't find if there is any trouble putting the VN series 1 motor into the VR. I am just trying to replace a broke engine. I hope it goes in alright because I have already bought the motor.
Thanks for any help Brett.

It's technically possible, but I think you'd have trouble for rego.
As far as I'm aware you can put newer technology into a car as a modification but you can't go backwards so putting an older motor in the car would give you trouble at the pits.

There's a few guys on JC who know the modification rules pretty well , they might be able to confirm or deny this.

S

soltan

Thanks Frd_thmsn
What about the Vr gearbox does this bolt up to the series 1. I know I had to specificly get a VR box when I replaced it.
Regards
Brett

S

soltan

Would swaping the computer be the magor ligistics of the swap.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
the motor will plug into the loom no worries and the vr computer will run the vns1 engine fine aswell so its a straight swap using the vn motor and the vr gearbox

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
also if you wanted you could plug the vn computer into the vr loom with no problem but then you would need a vn gearbox as the vr is controlled electronically

if you have any questions pm me

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
You need to lengthen/shorten some of the wires for the sensors.

S

soltan

Thanks so much guys. Last time I was swapping engines like this they were red :thumbsup: