Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ute Stereo

S

SS UTE

Got a Vs ute want to put a stereo in splits and tweeters and would like to throw some subs in the only question is were, spoke to a shop they said near the fuel tank and then they put a port hole throw into the cabin i don;t really like the idea so another mate suggested bass tubes any one know of theses and what there like before i got try and find some. Appparently they go behind the seat correct me if im wrong. Thanks

matt_pow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Have put a 12" Eclipse in a VS ute before and next to the fuel tank is the way to go and is a relatively easy.
If you take off the cover located in the tray you will c the fuel tank and the vacant area to the left. If ya cut ur piece of wood to cover that space and silicone it up to make it airtight ya can put a sub in there. obviously you need to cut the hole for the sub first and theres also some other tubing that you will need to cut a hole for to make it fit.
We put our sub upside down and it cranks - gets a nice sound into the cabin aswell
Hope that helps..

B

Blownvsute

matt_pow1 said:
Have put a 12" Eclipse in a VS ute before and next to the fuel tank is the way to go and is a relatively easy.
If you take off the cover located in the tray you will c the fuel tank and the vacant area to the left. If ya cut ur piece of wood to cover that space and silicone it up to make it airtight ya can put a sub in there. obviously you need to cut the hole for the sub first and theres also some other tubing that you will need to cut a hole for to make it fit.
We put our sub upside down and it cranks - gets a nice sound into the cabin aswell
Hope that helps..
Mine's done the same way and gives good sound quality,also the 10 stacker's upright behind the passenger seat and the amp's under the passenger seat fastened down lengthways so it will fit....

S

sc0pe

i have an L shaped box next to the fuel tank with a 10inch rockford sub, sounds awesome.

S

SS UTE

Scope do you have dramas with the box getting wet at all i use my ute for work and tend to have to wash the tray out time to time.