Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roof Lining Falling Down

D

Dr_Hoon

I know it wouldnt be a VS Commo without the saggy roof lining, but mine has started to come away completely and I've got to fix it up. Do any of you know what sort of adhesive to use to stick it back on properly without dark glue stains or anything else appearing?

Have a great Australia day! :yeah:

rajawolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon acclaim
Use automotive contact and trim adhesive..it takes a fair amount of glue, so buy it in a larger tin much cheaper.... apply adhesive ....spread as even as possible and lay lining over the glue..use a tennis ball to smooth out the material.

metalmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
metalmac

I had the same problem with my VS. Believe me it is easier to get an expert to do it.I found a guy at Botany to do it, he was one of the best quotes about $240 and all new head lining.DA Motor trimmers 9316 9462.

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
Dr_Hoon said:
I know it wouldnt be a VS Commo without the saggy roof lining, but mine has started to come away completely and I've got to fix it up. Do any of you know what sort of adhesive to use to stick it back on properly without dark glue stains or anything else appearing?

Have a great Australia day! :yeah:
As mentioned by another, would be easiest to get a motor trimmer to fix. Mine came down while I was driving partially over my head and had to put sunvisor up and squint to see to drive. When I got to a service station I bought a roll of double sided tape thinking I would cut the hood lining and stick it back up for the duration of the trip. No such luck as when I cut the lining it was full of decayed foam and double sided tape wouldnt stick. I resorted to craft glue (pva) to stick it back up. Now I have to get a new hood lining. Took a couple of hours after I got back home to get all the foam particles out of the vehicle.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
dont tell me holden didnt fix the roof lining issue after all the vn and vp issues

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
HDT_aero said:
dont tell me holden didnt fix the roof lining issue after all the vn and vp issues

unfortunatly not dude, i had a vn and when i changed the interior from yucky poo brown to a grey berlina interior i disturbed my lining putting the grey sourround for the door rubbers in and it sagged i though thats typicall now i know why everyone calls the vn interior cheap and nasty when i bought my vs i was surprised to see a saggy lining i payed to get it replaced appx $180 i just dont have time to stuff around with things like that but ive noticed many a post on jc forums about sagging linings in vr/vs's aswell as vn vp's ive even herd of it sagging in a vt ???? i dont see how the vt lining could sag it appears to be a solid peice nothing glued but hey only time will tell also i did notice on ebay theres a guy that does exchange roof linings for $20 to go to him and he not only replaces your lining but you get an embossed design looks awesome would do it if i lived in victoria but im a perthy :(

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
theres a guy on ebay does em for less than $230, he is on the Central coast and embosses em with flames or other **** and they look awesome.

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
far out must be much more expensive down south to get the lining done i found a place up her in brisbane that replaced mine in 45 mins n charged me 110 bucks