Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 76

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
1996 vs v6 exec error code 76 apparently an irregular fuel/air mixture the cause of this can be the coolant temp sensor that goes to the BCM does that sound right ??? im getting a rough start and idle also, (leads are fine, plugs are fine, fuel filter is fine, run a couple bottles of fuel injector cleaner since i bought it a few months ago)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i have a vr commodore im not quiet sure if they have the same sensors but how about the M.A.P Sensor ? as i said not sure if the ecotec has one

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Code 76 is a variation between banks. Could be plug leads, manifold gasket. blocked injectors.

AnthsVSLexcen

Reaction score
i had that code come up, i cleaned my throttle body and iac and replaced the tps and its all fine now. i also had a slight miss at idle and sometimes it would stall from drive to reverse and vice versa

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
well the temp sensor to the computer is only $25 ill give that a shot, as i said its not the plugs or leads, i cleaned the throttle body yesterday to and still code comming up and rough idle ill keep you posted, ive herd lots of different storys about the code 76 so one step at a time i guess

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ok well the coolant temp sensor is changed, car is slightly better but still starts rough and still idles rough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gona turn into the same dilema i went through with my vt spend over 2k trying to fix a problem that ended up beeing a $10 hose

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I would go with injectors. Easy to say when a mates got the gear to clean & test them properly though.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
vt1538 said:
I would go with injectors. Easy to say when a mates got the gear to clean & test them properly though.

yeah it might resort to that later down the track, when i was having trouble with my vt it cost me $190 from memory to do the injectors costly exersise considering it didnt make even the slightest difference