Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dionostic cable

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
there are dio cables for sale on ebay for approx. $50 has anyone had any experience with these, (do they work)?

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I make them and sell them here and on ebay (username michaelgw). With a V6 you shouldn't have any troubles. VS and VT V8's (non ls1) need slight modification to the techedge circuit.

There is plenty of info on this site if you want to roll your own.

As to what you can do with one go and look at efilive.com and download V4. That is the only program that will work with these cables.

You can't do any tuning, it is for diagnosis only.

HTH

Mike

VL400

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais - Quadcam V8, tiptronic auto, 3.9lokka
The bottom one works on a mates VS V6 (and probably other models with 8192 ALDL) and the top one i use on a VN/P's with an extra 10k resistor from the data line to +12v (makes it more reliable).

EDIT: Take note that the pins on the bottom cable for the connection to the ECM/PCM are to suit a lotus esprit, they are different to a commodore. Techedge has the commodore pinouts.

tranadapt.jpg

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
quick question. where do u get the plug that goes into the ALDL connector on the ecm?? of do u just use pins and plug them individually??

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The plugs are hard to get a hold of but michaelw has them. Mate he has made the whole thing up and hes put alot of work into it. Buy the whole cable off him and support a fellow member. He even does a good price for ya. He can correct me but I think he got them from America and it cost him a bit.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
I would consider buying one if the price was right.....

its just that ive got all the components sittin here, so i might give my own a go first,.