Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Snap

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
after dropping a mate off thisarvo reversed out clicked into drive and the car gave a 'snap/crack' sound and wouldnt move like it was in park, manged to put the car in netural and roll down the road onto someones front yard and the car was sitting bout 2 inches lower, then drove off and it corrected itself?? justwondering what it could be and if its gonna b safe to drive?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
could it sit lower, for example in the arse because you pushed it? just a guess, because i cant see any other way it would lower itself.....

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
maybe a cracked irs crossmember? get it inspected urgently, anything that so radically changes the suspensio height cant be good
DONT DRIVE IT!!
imagine if this happened at 100km/h???

ROb

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
cheers guys checked the uv joints and the crosmember b4 i drove it, the best i could. ;) and what i and the mech came up with was that the handbrake didnt release when put down so when i went to drive it wound up and went snap! with out snapping the cable?? but he said that the lines are worn out to the max so thats why it stuck....300 $ fix.....think ill be calling in warrenty

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hand brake shoes will need replaceing by that sound