Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 or Super Lows?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Looking at lowering (still).. it's on the shopping list with the VTSS 17's :p

The FE2 looks a decent ride height, maybe a touch higher than the Super Lows but still heaps better than stock, and something i'd be happy enough with.

My question - Is there any difference in the feel of the 2 different sets of springs? ie - does one handle better than the other? Cost difference also if anyone knows. I guess the handling is more important to me, but if there is a big cost difference that might sway my opinion too.

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I had the FE2 setup as factory and wasn't really happy with the height.. i mean parked next to a standard car I couldn't really tell the difference..

I put lovells springs in which were 1 stage lower, than fe2.. It hasn''t put it in the weeds but gives it good low look... I also put Koni shocks in so it is hard to tell which spring felt better, but all I can say that the lovells and koni shocks are a thousand times better handeling and comfort than the standard FE2.. it cost about $1700 all up including a 4point camber adjustment...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
$1700 :O

Not really looking to spend that much on it to be honest.. I know i can get the king spring superlows + rear monroe GT's for ~$400.. so then just gotta get them fitted.

G

GMH 72

I have Pedders Sports Ryder springs all round & Pedders Sports Ryder strut & rear shocks & Pedders adjustable panhard rod fitted 4 years ago. Sits low but not rediculously low. The car handles 10 times better than standard suspension & cost around $600 - 650, biggest bang for your buck. I'll do the same thing again for sure with my next car.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
You got a pic mate?

I don't want it stupidly low... between 1-2" between tyres and wheel arch, guess I'd just have to see pics to be sure exactly how much. Just want it clean looking... working on some new rims.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
$650? f#ck..

Just got quoted $1345 for springs, shocks, panhard rod, all fitted and aligned...

I'll be shopping around.

G

GMH 72

i don't have pix but there is only 1 to 1 1/2 inches between the wheel arch & top of the tyre front & back. It has never bottomed out or rubbed anywhere & is nice & firm on the road. The sill panels sit level to the road but only after i took out the thick rubber blocks under the rear springs to bring it down another inch at the rear.

G

GMH 72

mattman said:
$650? f#ck..

Just got quoted $1345 for springs, shocks, panhard rod, all fitted and aligned...

I'll be shopping around.

It must be a stronger market in Melbourne plus i fitted the rear springs, shocks & panhard rod myself plus i got a free alignment.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
How involved is the fitting? Not going to do it myself anyway, but they want it for a whole day and $650 would be about right for the parts. I can get Super Low King's, 2x Monroe GT's and pan hard rod for about $500 all up off Ebay...

Fat markup on fitting....

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hey mattman I got an idea for finding you a set of VT SS rims....

Do a search of cars advertised in the online classifieds... Tradingpost...etc

Car yards are busting their nuts trying to trade cars with the price of fuel atm.

Find a car with the rims you want and go see if that dealer will swap your mags and tyres + cash for the Vt rims...

good idea ?