Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sticky Fuel & Temp Guages

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hi All,

I've noticed that recently my temp gauge has been sticking on cold, and then suddenly pops up to normal, the fuel gauge also does this sometimes too. I've heard it is quite a common problem with the level 3 dash (Berlina & Calais) right back from the VN days...

Anyone know of a fix, or of what actually causes the problem in the first place?

Cheers

V

VSAccCom

there was a guide someone wrote on the forums somewhere where he shows u how to fix it, do a search thru the forums u should find something

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Mate dont know how different the level 3 dash is from the level 2 dash but I have pulled apart the level 2 dash in this how-to:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=20560

It has detailed step by step pics, Im sure you can work it out with the differences of a level 3 dash.

Once you are in there carefully spray the sring mechansim with wd-40 or silicon spray. Only a little bit. Use alcohol to clean the face of the gauges if you get any overspray from the lubricants.

Mate write your own how-to, Im sure it will help people out.

brentons_house

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I have that problem to but it looks like if I pulled my dash apart like that it would not work at all when it goes back in, I'll just keep hittin my dash when I drive.