Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS PCM - same as a VT?

GAZ914

Reaction score
Website
www.vsport.com.au
Members Ride
'97 VSII Esteem
The PCM in my recently purchased VS Esteem V6 auto no longer turns the cooling fan on. I have checked the circuits and the fans, relays, etc work OK.

Does anyone know if the VT PCM is able to be used or do I need a VS one?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
Gaz

PS: the thing starts and runs perfectly just the fan issue.

bad habits

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute series 2
Find a pcm wiring diagram and check out the trigger wires coming from the pcm. but there definately is a difference between vs and vt computers. I didn't get the question you asked as in you said u had a vs esteem and mentioned about puting vt pcm in. You will have to be more specific. Let me know and i can e-mail you the schematics of the ecu.

bad habits

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute series 2
Yeah sorry boss, didn't read it well enough. No the computers aren't the same. you will need a vs pcm then change your prom chip over but it would be worthwhile checking out your trgger wires from your pcm first. let me know your e-mail adress and i'll e-mail u schematics.

GAZ914

Reaction score
Website
www.vsport.com.au
Members Ride
'97 VSII Esteem
bad habits said:
Yeah sorry boss, didn't read it well enough. No the computers aren't the same. you will need a vs pcm then change your prom chip over but it would be worthwhile checking out your trgger wires from your pcm first. let me know your e-mail adress and i'll e-mail u schematics.

Thanks for the info and the offer of the schematic.
My email is [email protected]

cheers
Gaz