Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Brakes - Weird Noise when Breaking

B3NKobe

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Hey all...

Well this has been a problem for quit some time, havnt taken it to get looked at yet.

The problem is, that when im applying the brakes to the car to come to a complete stop, when i hit about 20km or less & its about to completly stop, the brakes make this weird noise, like a cracking or creaking noise, its hard to describe the noise.

The discs are fine & dont need machining, just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Some one suggested the front bearings? Anyhelp before i get it looked at appreciated.

ben :unsure:

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Happens to me as well, mostly after the daily commute to/from work. The pads get 'glazed' and make the squeaking/grating/grinding sound when they reach a certain temperature.

My trusty mechanic says the way to fix it is to brake more aggressively ;-) which will bring the pad temps up and help to remove the 'glazing'. This does work, after a couple of heavy stops from 80 clicks the sounds stops, at least for a week when the glazing seems to come back. Oh well.

If you're really concerned try another brake pad compound (softer/harder).

Cheers,
DP

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Yep, the same happens in my VR. If you only brake slowly the noise is there, when you really pound on the brakes theyre silent.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Mine started doing this after I put Bendix Ultimate pads in.