Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

transmission move in park

skb

Reaction score
Hi all i have a vs v6 auto ute and it has just started something weird when i started it the other day in park it jumped forward half a metre and a few days before it also moved forward when i went from drive to park (all the gear changes are perfect) anybody had this problem.

J

JoeCamel

transmission moving...

i had my VS on stands the other day... when it was in park the rear wheels were turning.... sounds like the same sorta thing.. I havent noticed it off the stand yet tho. anyone know what this could be?

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
When the vehicle is in drive even when the engine is idling torque is being applied to the rear wheels. If this torque is helping the vehicle against an incline, when you shift to Park the transmission shifts to neutral and applies a pall to engage with a toothed wheel, there may be a moment that gravity will take over and cause the car to move. It may be that the valves are sticking and still applying a torque before the pall engages the toothed wheel or the pall is sticking.