Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

150-200kms On Full Tank

H

HKS88

hi guys, i hav a vr v6 acclaim and for tha last 2 weeks ive been getting around 150-200kms on the clock? i give it a bit every now n then but thats just ridiculious.. spent $140 a week on fuel... any ideas on whats causing it?? injectors??

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
your joking right??? u cant be getting 150-200, your car must be running like ****, how many kays it done? maybe u have a leak in ya tank, that or all ya sensors and computer have had it,

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
1. Clogged air filter
2. Clogged fuel filter
3. Spark Plugs
4. Stuffed Oxygen sensors
5. Faulty coolant temp sensor (making the car run rich as it thinks the engine is cold all the time)
6. Stuck open thermostat

Just a few to begin with....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i thikk a hole in the fuel system somewhere sounds kinda logical.... well it wouldnt be a fuel pressure regulator cos if that was gone it would jus dump in way too much fuel and run like poo.... ruptured fuel line maybe???

H

HKS88

its got 410k on the clock, ive replaced air filter, spark plugs a month ago and i have also cleaned out the throttle body, and the oxygen (o2) sensor was black and had alot of crap on it, should i clean that aswell?.. il check the others 2moro n see how it goes.. thanks guys

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if its full of carbon then it should really get replaced they are like $50 and they do make a huge difference to the fuel economy

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i had a similar problem with fuel consumption.....230 k's out of 80 litres.....found out that my coolant temp sensor, manifold air temp sensor and throttle position switch were all rooted from age....

H

HKS88

oh ok do you recommend i check all that myself? or just take it to holden?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nah if it there is no engine light or trouble code coming up i wouldnt bother taking it to holden they will just tell u the situation is worse than it is prolly....
do things one step at a time and see what makes a difference