Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Odometer Reading

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I am after someone local in QLD, Gold Coast/Brisbane that can change the odometer reading on the level 3 cluster i have purchased to match the correct reading from my level 2 cluster which came with the car.

The reason i ask this is because i am swapping the level 2 cluster for the level 3 cluster and want it to read correctly so i can continue my logbooks.

Cheers,
Infusion

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Ring a local holden wrecker and they should be able to point you in the right direction

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
IBLOWN said:
does a level 3 simply plug into a vs from level 2? do you need anything else to go with the cluster?

You need the loom to go with it, so its not as simple as just straight swap, there is wiring to be done. You also need the trip computer buttons.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
hako said:
Ring a local holden wrecker and they should be able to point you in the right direction

Thanx for that, i might give that a go aswell.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, i got it done for $50 by Richmond Tweed Insturments on the Gold Coast.

G

GMH 72

Infus10n said:
Ok, i got it done for $50 by Richmond Tweed Insturments on the Gold Coast.

Was it the odometer reading that cost you $50 to change or was that to get the level 3 dash working?
Have you got the trip computer working with the dash & if so did you need a level 3 wiring loom?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH 72 said:
Was it the odometer reading that cost you $50 to change or was that to get the level 3 dash working?
Have you got the trip computer working with the dash & if so did you need a level 3 wiring loom?

That was $50 to get the odometer reading changed.

It cost me $250 for the level 3 cluster, wiring loom & trip computer buttons from my local commodore wreckers.

It will be installed by markovr next week on sunday.

G

GMH 72

It's a good mod to do and for the price it can't be beat. Let us know how it goes and by the way did the technician have to change the odometer back to 0000000's on the level 3 cluster or could he change it to read exactly what was showing on your original odometer? Good luck with the changeover. Cheers

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH 72 said:
It's a good mod to do and for the price it can't be beat. Let us know how it goes and by the way did the technician have to change the odometer back to 0000000's on the level 3 cluster or could he change it to read exactly what was showing on your original odometer? Good luck with the changeover. Cheers

The guy changed it to what is on my original odometer.