Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption issue

R

Roh

Hi all,

Have a fuel consumption issue with a 1995 VS Commodore which is a bit worrying. Full 60 litre tank will get only about 270-280km city driving only. Car is serviced regularly so don't think it is a servicing problem. What should this car be getting from a full tank? Any ideas of what may be causing this high fuel consumption? Anyone else had this problem?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Replace both of the O2 Sensors that are connected to the exhausts headers, that will most likely solve the problem but if I were you I'd replace the air and fuel filters and spark plugs.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
Raging Bull said:
Replace both of the O2 Sensors that are connected to the exhausts headers, that will most likely solve the problem but if I were you I'd replace the air and fuel filters and spark plugs.

exactly

if you still dont have the best economy replace the coolant temp and air temp sensors

all the sensors mentioned play a role in the computers fuel calculations so when one is not reading right the computer tries to correct it but it will still read wrong dumping fuel into the motor like no tomorrow

i dont have a vs but my vn gets 600k's around town driving easy