Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

window switches

V

vrstu

Hi the window switches on my vr berlina are stuffed just been quoted $240ea
by holden dealer in NZ . are there any alternatives ie:generic brand or do i just bite the bullet your help will be welcomed

vrstu

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
No generic brands but unless they are really totalled you can pull them apart and fix them.You take the rocker switch part that you push on first by prying on each side of it.... then unsolder the led and resistor, release the bottom of the switch assembly my releasing the 6 or so barb like clips and the whole show should now be in pieces.Just clean the offending contacts and reciprocate.But if they are bad secondhand is the cheapest way out but I suppose you risk buying one with the same problem....although for the money of a new one it might be worth the risk.
The contacts burn because all the current of the windows goes through them and if you are prone to leaving your finger on the button after the window has fully gone up it will bugger them quicker.I installed a relay in the up part of the circuit so the drivers window switch didnt bugger up again.

N

nzvsss

try trade me seen lots on there before some new ones to ..

V

vrstu

I Tried what you said Marko but the contacts were to far gone but thanks for the advice you were spot on