Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wat will beat eb tickford

V

vsclarion4u

hey all. just wonderin wat would ya havta do to a stock vs to beat a eb tickford, 161kw with an exhuast?. 5 speed?. watdoya all rekon?
:driving:

DeiCide

DeiCide
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 L67
basicly everything thats done to the ford.... maybe more..
ECU, CAI, Exhaust, extractors, suspension, etc.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
turbo!!!

The I6 by ford is quick. The stock xr6 will beat the stock windsor. They'll even beat stock 5L Holdens.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
vztrt said:
turbo!!!

The I6 by ford is quick. The stock xr6 will beat the stock windsor. They'll even beat stock 5L Holdens.
2nd that. A mates EB (non tickford) keeps up with my 5L. apparently its stock (must be one of those freaks) both cars are manual, and more often than not, his car is in front after the traffic light duels!

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
performance wise if you take weight into consideration i think perhaps a 50cc scooter or something ?? :rofl:

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
QUOTE: The I6 by ford is quick. The stock xr6 will beat the stock windsor. They'll even beat stock 5L Holdens.

sumbody correct me if im wrong as i got told this by a ford mechanic when i did work experience(dont ask why i did w.e at ford,lol)
the standard eb falcon came in a few engines, 120-25kw for gli model(slow ass motor!) and 3.9litre mpi 139kw for fairmont and s pack/xr6(cant remember if xr models started in eb or ed)...

i cant see how a 139kw 6 could beat a 165kw v8...they had enuf trouble beating vn/vp's v6's with onli 125-27kw's

plzz explain!!!

i cant see any stock xr6 beating a n xr8/ss of same year... the late xr6 turbo is the onli factory six i no of that beats v8's...like i said b4 sumbody correct me if im wrong

VSCLARION4U i would just make the car breathe better as stock is restrictive and just do a nice big service to clean it all up and smoothen it out and i rekon ur in for a good chance...wouldnt be surprised if u beat him if u get a good take off

V

vsII manual

Jamie_87 said:
QUOTE: The I6 by ford is quick. The stock xr6 will beat the stock windsor. They'll even beat stock 5L Holdens.

sumbody correct me if im wrong as i got told this by a ford mechanic when i did work experience(dont ask why i did w.e at ford,lol)
the standard eb falcon came in a few engines, 120-25kw for gli model(slow ass motor!) and 3.9litre mpi 139kw for fairmont and s pack/xr6(cant remember if xr models started in eb or ed)...

i cant see how a 139kw 6 could beat a 165kw v8...they had enuf trouble beating vn/vp's v6's with onli 125-27kw's

plzz explain!!!

i cant see any stock xr6 beating a n xr8/ss of same year... the late xr6 turbo is the onli factory six i no of that beats v8's...like i said b4 sumbody correct me if im wrong

VSCLARION4U i would just make the car breathe better as stock is restrictive and just do a nice big service to clean it all up and smoothen it out and i rekon ur in for a good chance...wouldnt be surprised if u beat him if u get a good take off

EB started the 4.0 litre era.
EB to EL falcon XR6'S had approx 165kw standard, AU very similar i think.
The EA falcons S Pack Muliti point injection had 139kw. Even these in the 5 speed pack age are bloody quick.
The XR6'S, i hate to admit it, if driven right can beat most 5 litre v8s, unless maybe a HSV engine.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Wheels magazine April 1989 says this :)
EA Falcon S pac MPI manual 0-100=7.8, 1/4 mile=15.5

VN 5 liter executive (manual or auto not sure) 0-100=7.0, 1/4 mile=15.1

VN 5 liter Calais Auto 0-100=8.0, 1/4 mile=15.5

I read of stock MPI EA and EB's manuals running 15.3 or a little less these days with good tires on them, a manual VN series one would keep up to one to 100, but yeah, a VS is going to need some help :p

V

vsclarion4u

yeah. this car aparently has 161kw!!. so it aint no slug. would chippin a vs to take it up to 160kw give him a run???? :driving:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sometimes you just have to say, Ford sixes are pretty fast :p, they had to be be back then because Ford Australia went weak in the knees for a while and never had a V8 during that time