Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Standard Front Bumper...Where can you find one? (Melbourne)

V

vrwagon23

I recently brought a VR Wagon, everything runs fine, it all looks good except the front bumper. Its not stock, its a club sport front bumper but the rest of my wagon is stock so i wanna get a standard VR front bumper, preferably colour white. Anyone got any ideas if you live in melbourne??? I'm willing to pay or swap.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Is your bumper plastic or fibreglass ?

Look on the back of the bar inside.... if its smooth black its plastic...if it looks grainy its fibreglass...

Wreckers are selling original plastic Clubsport bumpers for $500-$700.... they're worth $1000+ new... fibreglass Clubsport bumpers sell at wreckers for $200-$400 depending on quality

An original commodore bumper you should pick up easily from any wrecker for $100 - $150

So you stand to make some profit going to an original bar....the money you make will help go toward a respray for you new bar....

V

vrwagon23

thanks mate. any wreckers that you recommend? i'm kinda new to this mate...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I'm in Adelaide so I cant really help much with your local wreckers....

However I've seen Holdent Comdent advertise alot in the Trading Post.... they seem a very large wrecker over Melbourne way.

V

vrwagon23

kewl thanks. the front bumper is fibreglass by the way...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Put your Clubby bar on eBay !

New they are worth around $500

On eBay I've seen fibreglass ones go for $360 with the grill included

G

GMH 72

I'm also in Melbourne - Northern sub's. I have a spare standard front VR bumper in VGC with a brand new reinforcement i'd swap for your bar. PM me if you are interested.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
or just get a clubsport kit for it