Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nothing there???!!!

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Anyone else had an issue where they turn the key and there is nothing there?
My VR statesman has been doing it for a while, new battery so its got the power and after I turn the key back to the off position it then starts, sometimes after the second go.
Not always when the car is hot or cold, just randomly.
I learned to live with it but my wife who likes to steal the limo often complains so I told her it because the car senses she is a woman and a person who doesn't respect the car.
Good way to start a domestic LMFAO
Its got to be a power issue.
My son suggested that its some red wire that runs to the starter that gets gunked up, happened on his VP.
Any suggestions from the psarkies out there?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe its the battery in your key, or the contacts on the outside of the keyhole which transmit the immobiliser code from the key to the electronics.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Might be the ignition switch. $35 from Holden, sits behind barrel in steering column.

G

GMH 72

If you leave the accessories on for too long before starting you will have to turn the ignition off and try again because the ignition has some kind off time limit to start the car if the ignition is left on accessories for too long.

Z

Z()LTAN

my vs does the same, i turn the key then 1/2 a seond later it decides to start turning over, and does for a few cranks then starts, not right away. Ive been told its the fuel regulator for the not starting straight away and something in the idnition circit for the delayed start, not sure what it is yet

vr_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais v6
i have a vr v6 calais and it suffers the same problem on startup , i found that if you push the tbar forward while you turn key it starts straight away it has got something to do with the switch under the tbar , another friend of mine had his changed in his statesman and it gave him no more problems hope this helps you guys try it nothing to loose :thumbsup:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ive experienced this in my old vn calais and my vs....ive never really looked into it that much because it will always start the second time i try and it only happens very rarely....sometimes starting it in neutral works,rather than park (obviously on a auto).
there's no real help or advice in this post of mine..but i thought id say that it is a common commodore quirk.

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
had the same prob here until we got a reco trans put in... its the switch on the trans shifter when its in park... as vr_calais has mentioned push the t-bar foward and the swtich will make contact..