Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to replace fuel sender unit!

C

chrishodge

I've been having problems with my fuel guage/fuel sender ever since I bought my car. So i've decided its about time i fixed it. The problem is definately in the fuel sender unit (ie in the fuel tank) as I 've been told this by 3 of my mates who are know holdens back to front. My question is, how do you replace the fuel sender unit, and whether it is straight forward or not? Can anyone help me with this one? Cheers

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
just replace the pump

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
remove fuel hoses (be careful, there's pressurised fuel in there),and remove wires. might be a good idea to disconnect battery too. unbolt sender, bolt new sender in, and replace fuel lines/wires, reconnect battery, turn key to "acc" listen for fuel pump priming, switch off and prime pump 2 or 3 more times then start it and idle for a few minutes to remove all the air in fuel line. Should now be fixed.
Let me know how you go. this is something pi$$ing me off with my VR

C

chrishodge

Thanks for you response DSTRBD. I'll see how I go with this tommoz or sometime next week and let you know. Cheers