Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any commodore owner that knows their stuff I need your opinons please

I

iamdvs

My car has been suffering the same problem for a long time now and I'm at the end of ideas as to what could possibly be wrong.Basically the car just doesn't want to start and when it does there is a strong fuel odour.I have changed the fuel regulator,fuel filter,battery,bought a new key,cleaned out the throttle body,changed the TPS,checked spark plugs,checked ECU codes now I've been thinkin all along it's the fuel pump however people have dismissed this.The car has no problems and plenty of power once in motion but it seems to just start when it pleases regardless of whether the motor is hot or cold.So basically the key must be held on for at least 10 seconds and then the motor decides to start up very rough, at this point it will either stall and the procedure will have to be restarted or it will run normal.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
most likel;y to be your injector filters being blocked... after a while the pressure builds up and forces the fuel past the junk in the filters.... could be a handful of other things too but thats just my opinion

M

Matt H

maybe coolant temperature sensor, happened to me and that fixed it, although the ecu did send up the error code, so, not sure..

:D

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
get a fuel pressure guage on it, run it for a while & switch it off.
if the fuel pressure drops you have leaking injectors, this would explain your problem.
my educated guess would be this

Rob

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
ever run your car to low and this can cause your fuel pump to go

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
Doctor Bob is Id say on the right track you have to do some serious diagnostic work for this one. If it was one of my customers first job also would be to check the fuel pressure and flow as these are so important in all fuel injected cars and often overlooked. Then as Dr Bob says let the car sit and see what the pressure does as per the specs for fuel pressure drop off. If all this works out ok you have to go to some serious diagnostic work on the ignition side. Thats when a professional is needed! I can also tell you know the O2 sensor is not the culprit. I have had some strange readouts from crank angle sensors when testing them and they have not been firing the DFI module correctly.

ads72

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim 3.8
my vs was very hard to start and when it did it stalled and ran rough for a while. turned out to be filthy injectors and dirty ica valve.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
just take out the injectors, get some metho, pure it into a bucket, get a 9v battery and run the injectors off the battery and while running, put them in the metho, that'll clean them otu better than any fuel additive