Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hard decision on a vr

michael_pomroy

use_it_or_lose_it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 3.8L
which car do people prefer out of these... 93 berlina 94 acclaim or a 95 s - pac? im thinking of purchasing one of these cars, obviously condtion the car is in is a big deal, but i simply wanna know which one everyone else would like out of em... thanks for the help

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
prolly 93 berlina, extra luxary, spac for the extra power ;) and dont go acclaims they are exectuives with safety featurs added..

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Manual or Auto's ?

Hard choice between the Berlina or SPac but you can get manual or auto in either... but I'd go the S-Pac if thats all the choices available...

The EcoTec has more going for it with perfomance gear...and it's more powerful and fuel effiecient compared to the VR Buicks... plus they just look sexier with their subtle spoiler kit.

But for the price of an SPac you should be able to get a 95 Berlina... then you've got more choice of colours...climate air...IRS...ABS...Trip Computer... and if that choice was available I'd go for that preferably a series 2...there isnt much difference between a Berlina or Calais

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
sixshooter said:
The EcoTec has more going for it with perfomance gear...and it's more powerful and fuel effiecient compared to the VR Buicks... plus they just look sexier with their subtle spoiler kit.

yea sorta, its got a less 0-100 time they weigh about 100kg heavier too :)
but go the ecotech as they are newer and prolly last longer

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
fitzy2005 said:
yea sorta, its got a less 0-100 time they weigh about 100kg heavier too :)
but go the ecotech as they are newer and prolly last longer

I dont know of any performance figures to back that up... but yeah they're slightly heavier.... So where did all the pork come from ?

But it just shows that the EcoTec is a far better motor cause its pumping out more power and hauling more weight and is still using less fuel... :)

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/comparespecs.php?key2=HOLD95FH&key=HOLD93HN

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
I smell a VR vs VS war brewing. ;D

I'd go the 95 S pack, depending on k's. But then I'm going through a roller rocker fetish, and the 1.75:1's that I can get for my VR aren't as awesome looking as the 1.9:1's the ecotec can get.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
vr vs
Power 130kW @ 4800rpm 147kW @ 5200rpm
Torque 295Nm @ 3200rpm-3200rpm 304Nm @ 3600rpm-3600rpm

yes but you got rev it that tad more to find the power too :)

but yea, to me both cars are around the same, but the vs is the first ecotech, id tend to go series two if you go for ecotec, the vr is the 3rd commodore buik engine (but it is older)