Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel system problems

P

peterp

Hey was wondering if someone can help me out. Ive got a vs wagon and when it leans to the left it stalls.I got a new fuel pump and changed the 2 filters. In the tank and the metal one in front of the fuel tank underneath.Stalls worse now.Stalls while im driving on the inside lane leaning towards the gutter, just stalls.When quarter tank or under.When theres at least half a tank its ok.but idles a little rough still.When level or to the right its ok.With whatever amount of fuel. Help please if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Z()LTAN

check ur fuel regulator that may b the culporate, under the engine cover to the back of the plenum

P

peterp

Thanks Zoltan,ill get onto it and check it out. thanks again.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
This is way off but could it be water in the fuel tank which blocks the fuel pump pickup filter when the car is at an angle - what side of the tank is the pump? Also was there rusty crap or water on the filters? It would need to be quite a bit of water - maybe a litre or so. Good Luck.

P

peterp

Hey Zoltan,can i change it myself?And do u know how much it is?

Z

Z()LTAN

nah i dont have it like that but im finding it hard to start in the mornins where it has to crank for a second b4 it will fire, its just like an inline fuel filter, ull know when u see it, it should b white or clear plastic, try any repco or coventries, ask for a vs fuel regulator.

P

peterp

Thanks Hako the mechanic i took it too said that the fiters were only partially blocked.he didnt mention anything about any water. thanks man,all replies are welcome.

P

peterp

ur a legend man i bet thats it. are there any other bparts in the fuel system u reckon it could be?