Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RHS Inditcator Going Mental

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yes... I'm back.. again... :p

Got my car back from crash repairs this morning and very happy with the look of the work.. all shiny again :D Better than before.

Only issue (I discovered about 5 mins later changing lanes on the freeway), that the RHS indicators now flash double time.. LHS are fine. Besides the clicking being annoying, I know how bad it is for other drivers to see them.. very distracting...

Is this something I can fix myself, if so how? Or should I just take it back in tomorrow (prob ordering CAI parts thru holden spares and should be able to pick this up at the same time).

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Probably nothing more than a blown bulb. Check to see if they are all working and replace (or check for poor connection)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ok ta.. didn't get a chance to check the indicators from outside (just picked up car and run into work).. will have a look later on... need to go to autobarn anyway i guess...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yeah if theres a blown bulb the others will flash faster.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah I think all RHS bulbs had blown in the end (not the side one - it's new anyway).

Replaced front RHS bulb.. still flashing fast.. back one gone too... but then the front ones didn't match cos the LHS was an old bulb :p But basically.. between my pedantics and close proximity of a holden... i have 4 new indicator bulbs all round... lol

Z

Z()LTAN

the flasher unit in newer cars has a dual system, one for each side, and they work on a volt draw system, so if a bulb is blown the volt draw wil b less so a faster flash. Check ur bulbs