Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How Long Does It Take !!! ?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ok people ive been having a problem latly of rough start rough idle and very high fuel consumption and black smoke from exhaust its a 1996 auto vs v6 exec series II

injectors cleaned
spark plugs changed
leads changed
coil pack changed
throttle body cleaned
coolant temp sensor changed due to fault code 76 after sensor changed fault code is gone still idle rough start rough use lots of fuel and blow black smoke
service done oil/oil filter
fuel filter changed
both oxygen sensors just changed and still blowing black smoke starting/idling rough not burning oil

how long does it take for the oxygen sensors to kick in ?? is this something that takes a little while to happen or is it instant im at a loss i didnt make the sensors super tight when i put them on because i didnt want to strip the thread but id say they are to tight to take off with your fingers

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
its most likely ur air flow sensor, in the VR its the MAP sensor located on the firewall, not sure about the vs

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
*bangs his head against the wall* well i guess its a trip to holden tomorrow

M

Mr Invisible 55

Vs

Hey It could be the fuel you are using it could just be a bad batch just try it for a while and see what happens tryu changing fuel stains and so on because i know some one wh had a vs and it did the same thing and it turned out to b the fuel
RYAN
if u found this advice useful click on the scales

:thumbsup:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Mr Invisible 55 said:
Hey It could be the fuel you are using it could just be a bad batch just try it for a while and see what happens tryu changing fuel stains and so on because i know some one wh had a vs and it did the same thing and it turned out to b the fuel
RYAN
if u found this advice useful click on the scales

:thumbsup:

thanks dude but its definatly not fuel ive learnt harsh lessons with my first car the vn commy, i always run premium in it and i always get from the same petrol station my vt is runnin on petrol from the same station as the vs, and the vt is running like a dream

vr_calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais v6
i had same problem with vr v6 i found that my car on startup would realy struggle to start and run rough for a couple of seconds and would blow black smoke as well , all i did was change the fuel pressure regulator which is on the back off fuel rail and it has eliminated the hard starting , rough idol and black smoke as there is a diaphram inside it to which it was letting to much fuel through hope this helps :thumbsup:

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
looks like vs's dont have a MAP sensor after a few hours of banging my head against a wall trying to find it they have something simular called the MAF sensor which is attached to the air intake hose i pulled it off and it looks real clean almost newish so yeah i doubt its that

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
so i guess its the fuel pressure regulator which i didnt really want to replace :( if it isnt that i think we are just going to have to douse the car in petrol and set it on fire

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
this is pathetic, changed fuel pressure regulator no more black smoke no more rough idle still starts like crap though