Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs aftermarket suspension

D

dan87

hey all just wonderin what everyone thinks is a good brand for springs? About 12 months ago i got some king superlows, but they only look good when i have many people sitting in the rear, ive heard this was done purposefully by king so that the ride height is even with a full tank of petrol and four passengers. Should i get my rear springs reset or just sell them and buy a different brand, and if so should i get a whole new set or just get rid of the rears?

P

portercg

Many years ago I installed a pedders kit for a customer. It was struts, springs and shocks all matched to each other and some nolathene sway bar bushes. sat the car lower but not in the weeds. rode well and cornered flat. There's probably other kits now but back then I was very impressed. It was just a V6 Exec with 15x7 mags and good tyres otherwise

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I doubt that the rear end would sit much higher than the front with super lows. I have super lows in the front and lows in the back and it is uneven because of that. But when i put a load in the back it evens up. So i would say if i had super lows in the back it would even it up heaps because i have seen the difference in the height of the two springs. Maybe ask the dealer if you can swap the sizes after you have seen how low it is. Or get one of your mates to take there back springs out and put them in your car to see what theyre like?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Superlows on a non-irs vs are SHIIITTTT!!! I was expecting the car to sit right on the rear wheel, and nup...a fair way off. I'd recommend getting the springs reset, i'm seriously considering getting it done because i'm not liking the height! Does anyone know an approx. price we should be looking at to get them reset?!?

Cheers all,
Boojakz

D

dan87

definitely know how u feel boojak, but maybe if we sell our kings and get some pedders instead, i guess if we got them reset we would know exactly what we're getting though. Pedders are meant to be a lot better, i'll have to do a bit more research into that.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
if you want a real suspension system get yourself some k-mac gear...a damn sight better than pedders....cost you a bit though,lol