Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Taillight Design Ideas

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I was thinking last night, why don't these aftermarket taillight ppl design something decent for a change, I would bet that there would be a lot of ppl out there who think those Altezza tail lights are extremely ugly, why don't these ppl design different styles then make a poll and then make the one which is the most popular, me personaly I think the VZ Calais tail lights are awesome, so imagine the brake lights on this............

vzcalais4.jpg

.........but in a VR/VS shape, I just think that the VR/VS tail light would look awesome with clear red lenses with jewel type reflectors. What are your thoughts? maybe you can post some drawings or pics in this thread. I thought of maybe even having LED lights but in a classy way not ricey..

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Oh yeah clear with jewel reflectors would be hot.. in the calais style so just red tint brake lights and clear indicators.

I hate my rear taillights :( not decided on the altezza's yet... can get the black backed ones for $150 atm but have to decide in the next couple of days.

can't see your pic

I just seen ozeparts has some new rear tail lights listed... 3 diff sets.. black back, chrome, and clear. $240/set for black or chrome, $200/set for clear... so doesn't sound like altezza's.. woohoo! But no pics yet :( Can't wait to see...

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I think they look cheap and the designer should be shot, I also thought with that stupid reflector maybe just have a thin long strip on the bottom of the tail light

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I don't think they look really bad... but they don't look really good either.. depends on the car they are on.

I just want something different and there's no other choices :(

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Yeah sometimes you have to refresh the page. Stupid tripod.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah got pic up.. they are nice..

The altezza aren't tooooo bad... but that stupid half/half thing on the boot lid light kills it. Something like that calais light to fit vr/vs would be good.. but don't quite see it working.. to keep that sort of design you would also need a blank thing to fill the boot garnish...same colour as the rest of ur car.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Well it could be a more ovaly look, and have the centre garnish be a more shallow VZ look. I have to mess around with Photoshop, just have to install it.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
well i reckon if you had something like this (paint job) would look pretty cool...

big one brake... little one on the tail light indicator... little one on the garnish clear light..perhaps with the tail light (not garnish) having the full backing as reflector thing (like around the brake lights on the vz calais up top)

tail.jpg

A

aquabog

the black altezzas would look ok if they didnt look so cheap and didnt have the orange n red lenses just coloured globes. surely some1 should desighn 1 they will make a mint n should give me most tha profit