Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

After market criuse control for VS II

jazzfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon man.
G'day

First post.

I've just bought a VS series II manual executive wagon. Its only got 120k on the clock so I'm looking to keep it at _least_ as long as the VL it replaced (had it for 8 years)

I would like a cruise control. Not just to save my right ankle, but the car has a nasty habit of speeding :) and I could do without getting fined.

I've rung a few places in Canberra (I'm on the far south coast NSW - near Bega). They want $600-$750. That seems a bit rich to me. They all say the cheaper ones are no good.

Is it possible to get a factory one from a wrecker and have it installed? Bearing in mind 99% would be for autos - can the extra module for the clutch pedal be bought seperately?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks & Regards

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
jazzfan said:
G'day

First post.

I've just bought a VS series II manual executive wagon. Its only got 120k on the clock so I'm looking to keep it at _least_ as long as the VL it replaced (had it for 8 years)

I would like a cruise control. Not just to save my right ankle, but the car has a nasty habit of speeding :) and I could do without getting fined.

I've rung a few places in Canberra (I'm on the far south coast NSW - near Bega). They want $600-$750. That seems a bit rich to me. They all say the cheaper ones are no good.

Is it possible to get a factory one from a wrecker and have it installed? Bearing in mind 99% would be for autos - can the extra module for the clutch pedal be bought seperately?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks & Regards

Yes it is possible to install foctory cruise control into a manual. Get your parts off ebay or at the wreckers. PM markovr on here and he should be able to answer any questions you may have as he did it to his factory manual VR.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd look at an aftermarket one - Kmart used to have them for under $200 and Autobarn and SuperCheap also had them. They are not difficult to fit yourself. Do a Google search. Try and get the whole kit in one as otherwise it'll just be too much trouble.

monarols71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series11 Ute
Go factory off e-buy. I wouldn't bother with after market ones. I put factory in my Vs2 ute, cost me about $150 all up (including new genuine indicator switch). I had to strip out the factory wiring from the wreckers to use for a "patch" harness I had to make up (needed the plugs more than anything). Your wagon may even have the wiring already in it. Piece of cake to do. One lazy day to fit it in, and worked first up. Will work with low BCM.

jazzfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Wagon man.
OK...

I've searched the forum on cruise control (didn't know I could - sorry). I am now a little bit more knowledgeable on the subject.

As far as I can tell:

The VS (low?) BCM will run C/C, but in my case (vanilla Exec), the wiring isn't there. So I will need to run the wiring for the module the from the BCM to the engine bay.

Borgy's have genuine GMH kit (complete with stalk, switch for brake [plus additional one for clutch], cable etc) for $200. I have ordered one and it is in the mail so I should get it by the end of the week.

I hope the instructions with the kit are detailed!

Thanks for all your help.