Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

stalling with a pod

commo69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ss
i have just fitted a pod filter to my vs yesterday and as i have been slowing down to turn corners it has stalled on me twice any ideas y?

D

dan87

what kinda pod filter? how much air is getting to it, and how hot is the air thats getting to it? some low quality pod filters, like the one ive stuck in my car at the moment just to try out, kill power unless lots of air is being directed towards them via CAI. And in this hot weather it takes next to no time to heat up in the engine bay, and that hot air from the engine bay is not engine friendly.

Also, not an expert with this kinda thing or anything for that matter, but is the airflow sensor in there properly? Im just guessing here, i probably don know much more than yourself.

Dan

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
have you cleaned your throttle body out? always a good start after checking errors codes as stated before

mess666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L BT1
I put a pod filter on my VR V8, and started having hestitating problems on take off, usually when cold. I'm guessing it was a mixture problem. Put my old air box back on, and the problem went away.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
lol if you add a pod id be resetting the computer so it can get used to the air intake, only a suggestion though