Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs 0-100kmh times

D

dan87

Hey everyone just wondering what are average times for stock V6 VS for auto and manual. I managed around 9 seconds (friend timing in passenger seat with only a watch, not a stop watch, but he thinks it was close to a perfect 9) with my manual VS, new clutch, but i think i may have been shifting a bit early. Is 9 a good time or not so good?

Tell me your times, and if urs isnt standard tell me what mods it has too. Oh yeah mine has only one aftermarket muffler (5 zigen), which probably has better flow than two standard mufflers, but still has 2 1/4 inch pipes.

Dan

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Swap you friend for a g-tech and you'll go heaps quicker :), there are guys on here running easily in the 7's 0-60mph in VS V6's with only CAI's a good filter and a good exhaust, there's potential...... : ) but 9 with a friend in the car sounds good enough for a standard one, my brother ran 9 seconds flat the other day in his VS (with 50 meters of intense smoke and wheelspin included) Would run 6.5 wihout the wheelspin and without me in the car :) but it's a V8

D

dan87

Ok so by good filter u mean something like k&n panel, good exhaust does that include headers? Going to buy a CAI soon, should be sweet. Yeah the first time i tried the run i got the car spinning almost on the spot, backed off the accelerator then half floored again when the wheels stopped spinning so i ****ed that run up, and the 9 second run i might have overcompensated for the wheel spin in the first run and got a pretty slow take off. As u can tell i dont practice my take offs much at all. Friend not sitting in car definitely wouldnt have helped but ah well.

D

dan87

Another thing, a friend of mine just sold his VR berlina wagon, which had a few small mods (exhaust, CAI, filters, etc) and gave me a run for my money, but i always came out on top. Now he's sold his VR and, as he put it had a brain explosion and bought a 2003 falcon ute, which he claims has about 190 kw, and im just wondering what would be the easiest mods to do to keep up with this ute? He wont be moddin the engine on this car. Damned ugly ute it is too.

Dan

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I know how you can beat the BA Ute :) buy a VN executive and race him up to 80km/h :p.

Really I don't know if a VS V6 would be up to it, but the worst case is you'll only be a second behind : ) and haven't wasted so much money

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
dan87 said:
Hey everyone just wondering what are average times for stock V6 VS for auto and manual. I managed around 9 seconds (friend timing in passenger seat with only a watch, not a stop watch, but he thinks it was close to a perfect 9) with my manual VS, new clutch, but i think i may have been shifting a bit early. Is 9 a good time or not so good?

Tell me your times, and if urs isnt standard tell me what mods it has too. Oh yeah mine has only one aftermarket muffler (5 zigen), which probably has better flow than two standard mufflers, but still has 2 1/4 inch pipes.

Dan
your mate is a 100kilo's of ballast get rid of him

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
Hi i have a VP and it does mid 8 no mods part from back super cat 21/2 me mate has VS ute and it does low 9?no mods at all

Z

Z()LTAN

the VP is completly diff to the vs in power delivery... Mainly because of the engine.
VP has always been a total thrasher but they wear out quick, whereas a vs can b moddded more and last longer (in theory) not always true...

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
aah thats why didnt know that what if i put lsd