Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reco motor in, lifters noisy!

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Reco motor in, lifters noisy?

Hey all

just had the 2nd reco in to fix the buggard(bent crank) 1st one.
the lifters are still ticking, the merhanic says it will go in time once they bead in a bit.

ive done bout 250ks with the reco motor, how long do u think they should take to bead in ?

its all under warrenty and if theres a problem i will take it back, just curious to how long they should tick for.
i always thought they were not to b nosiy if its a new motor.they are contusinally noisy at all speeds and drving conditions.

cheers
hayden

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
are you sure its lifter noise and not injector noise

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
merchanic says lifters. otherwise it could b injectors i spose. im just gussin the merchanic should know wot it is:)

if it is the injectors or lifters, wot do? ask him to double check them or give it
more time?

it goes back for 1000k service soon anyways.

cheers

P

portercg

LIfters don't "bed in" if they are ticking it's because there is an oil supply problem or some tiny piece of crap (usually a spec of carbon) in the ball check valve.

Or.. has the cam been re-ground? or are the pushrod tips.rockers worn? anything that makes the lifter try to have to extend further than it's meant to could create a problem like this.

Or like someone else here already said make sure it's not the injectors clicking you are hearing.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
thanks all

went back to merchanic, defintly l1 or 2 noisy lifters, is gettin fixed friday under warrenty :)

thanx again