Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How much would YOU pay?

SAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina, VZ BT1
How much would you pay for a VS S2 Equipe?
Its pretty stock except for a senator body kit (front bar needs replacing/repairing), it has done 280,000, someone has stolen all the badges, and its got a three yr old motor in it. asking price is $5000. I think $4500. Your opinions please

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Sounds fairish with the bodykit... main thing that's gonna kill you is the k's.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Original kit or fibreglass copy ?

If original kit then $4500

if fibreglass copy which it sounds like... $3000 ish... I saw a silver equip in a car yard... 155,000 km.... nice, original condition....started out asking around $8000... got down to advertised at $5200 ....I've no idea what it went for in the end.

High km and bodywork needed kills it for you.....can you post a few pictures ?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Sounds reasonable, but I would give it a test and see how it goes. Do a search as some members have posted some excellent tips when purchasing a vr/vs to look for. If she runs well and you cant find major faults I would be happy with it.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I'm guessing it's had a rough life... with a new engine and trashed bodykit... i'd be getting it checked out properly first.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Actually... I wouldn't touch it... are you asking as a potential buyer... or as a seller ?

SAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina, VZ BT1
Im looking at it as a buyer. its been fairly well looked after, one owner, hasn't thrashed it, motor was replaced just so the old motor could go into another VS, which still runs fine. Mechanicaly the car seems to be ok, the engine bay is clean, no signs of leaking oil/water/trans fluid etc. its got 17"s with new tyres aswell