Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light not turning on.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I picked up my Calais last week, had a stereo installed, I noticed when I got home that when I open the drivers side door the light doesn't come on but when I open the other doors then the light comes on, the door switch is fine because the red light comes on in the door. Maybe you can program the light to not turn on? Maybe they programmed it because the door would be open for a couple of hours, it would of been easier to pull out the bulb.

One more thing, anyone know of any mods to make the light fade out instead of it just turning off? I think it looks more classier, and you'd think for a '97 Calais II they would of put something like this in.

Z

Z()LTAN

they do that so ur eyes adjust easier.. Just thought id say that lol. cant help u though

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Interesting, goes to show how far behind aussie manu's are.

Last edited:

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
I just found out yesterday that if I leave the drivers side door open, the light turns on after 1 minute once door is opened then obviously turns off again. Man there must be a way to program the light to not come on till later once door is open. Any ideas ppl???

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm,check to see that the trigger for the light on the door isnt stuck.
it could be stuck depressed and slowly come back out after a while with the door open.
other than that i cant think of much else..pretty weird situation really.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
It's not the trigger because the red light on the door comes on straight away.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm,i dunno then....did they have the door skin off when puttin the new stereo in?
they might have unplugged some wiring and not reconnected it tightly enough...who knows.
maybe they screwed with the bcm for some reason....i dont think you can program anything so the light wont come on...put you'd be able to unplug the wiring controlling it.
im just throwin out ideas...best bet is to just take it back in and ask em what they did.