Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redback Exhaust in Adelaide

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ok yes I know we are all sick of exhaust threads..

I've made up my mind on a 2.5" Redback catback.. with the rear muffler.. don't need it real loud but something better than the current grumble (stock exhaust) would be nice.. probably not go extractors at this point.. cash is one limitation plus I just don't really need the extra kick (not worth $650 to me at least).

So, the actual question, is there anywhere decent in Adelaide to get it done? Either hills area or in the city preferable, or anywhere central really if they are open weekends..

Choice of exhaust not really up for discussion here unless there is something terribly wrong with it ,which considering the number of threads about them, I seriously doubt. Just after a nicer note and a little bit of grunt.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I would recommend Exhaust Techniques on Gouger St in the City, I had the VN done there before the GST came in and recently the VY, I couldn't be happier, I'll go back there for sure.

I always speak with Dave who I think is the owner and has always done good by me in the past, he dishes out your options with pricing and lets you decide on which direction you wish to take.

I had a fairly bad vibration after getting the exhaust done, rang him up explained what was happening and before I knew it I had the car back there and sure enough they fixed the problem no questions asked.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Cheers... whitepages search... you mean Exhaust Techniques? (http://www.exhausttechniques.com.au/) There's an Exhaust Technologies too but that's in goodwood...

The first one would be real handy.. would be only a short walk from work.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Cheers Darren... will drop around at lunch and have a chat to them (I'm just around the corner on Wright St). Car will be in town Wednesday so might be a good chance to have it done for Sunday :)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
$350 for mild steel or $650 for stainless, both with muffler and tip, this sound alright?

It's booked in for SOMETHING on wednesday.. he said just let him know which I want when I drop the car off...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Excellent.. looks like the way to go. My poor bank account :( lol

It'll be on to show off on Sunday.. can't wait for that.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I'll be there Sunday lurking around in the background :) so I'll be sure to hear it at some point or another.

As for the bank account I know that feeling all too well, it's all part of the learning curve.